Welcome to my blog. Today I’m blog hopping with the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop team. This month’s theme is “The World Around Us”. I contemplated this theme as I walked the kids to school and I noticed myself noticing the galahs (Australian pink and grey cockatoos) and then I thought of the Dove of Hope bundle and thought this is really around my world. (I don’t have a photo of the birds because I don’t carry my phone when I go to school drop off or pick up). I really love galahs too so it was the perfect inspiration:
[All supplies used in this project are shown at the end of this post and are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. You can purchase them and create this project too! Thank you for your support of my stamping adventure]
- Card Base: Seaside Spray
- Card Front: Seaside Spray (10 x 14.3 cm) embossed using Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
- Birds: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
- Sentiment: Whisper White fussy cut
- I die cut the birds from Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper first and then water coloured them using the Water Painters. The galahs have darker grey feathers on wing tips and a pink body. Rococo Rose was the perfect pink. White feathers on the top of their heads.
- Assemble the birds once dry. Add to card front. Add the bigger bird using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For something special add Rococo Rose sequins. TIP: add dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to where you want the sequins. Let set and then add sequin using Take Your Pick tool.
As I say, the card is not complete till you decorate the inside and the envelope. I kept this all simple. Inside the card I stamped the bird in Seaside Spray (stamped off) and the envelope flap was embossed.
Please now hop on over to Rochelle to see what inspires her around her world. Click here
Angela Meiritz-Reid – NZ
Tatiana Tobin – AU <— You are here!
Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
Cazz Boylan – AU
Cheryll Miller – AU
Satomi Wellard – JP
Melissa Gifford – AU
Danielle Kassing – NL
Ximena Morales – DE
Aurélie Fabre – FR
Tina Zinck – CA
Annette Ball – CA
Angie McKenzie – US
Mary Deatherage – US
Shel Anderson – CA
Chris Smith – US
Anne Marie Hile – US
Brenda Nelson – CA
Tricia Butts – US
Elaine de Montmorency – CA
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – US
Teri West – US
Cheryl Hamilton – US
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase Stampin’ Up!® products from my online store.
Current Host Codde: 2NNHDDF6
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over get a handmade card from me. Orders over $50 will receive a FREE gift, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program! Orders over $90 will also get a FREE tutorial bundle the following month!!)
You can purchase the of the supplies I used in this project. Please click on the image below to purchase. Thank you for your support.