Hi everyone! Today’s card I created for the Global Design Project 149 Color Challenge: Lovely Lipstick, Bermuda Bay, and Night of Navy I have to admit I never really worked with Night of Navy much, but the new Watercolor Pencils that are out have Night Of Navy and that along with this colour challenge inspired me to watercolour with Night of Navy! And I have to say that I’m really loving this colour combination.
All supplies used in this card are shown at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
I decided to work this the limited edition Blended Seasons stamp set because it just calls to be coloured and I’m going through a real watercoloring phase right now.
To create this card:
- Prepare card base in Night Of Navy
- Prepare card front in Shimmery White 95mm x 138.5mm and a piece of Vellum 85mm x 128.5mm
- Stamp the leaf image from the Blended Seasons stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, then watercolour around the leaves in Night Of Navy using your Aqua Painter. I make the areas around the leaves darker.
- Once dry, apply the Embossing Buddy over the surface and then stamp the same leaf image in Versamark and cover in White Stampin’ Embossing Powder (TIP: I found stamping one or two leaves and then applying the embossing powder made it easier to see where I’ve stamped already).
- Heat set this. I’ve now created my own DSP.
- On a scrap piece of Shimmery White cardstock, stamp the big floral image from the Blended Seasons stamp set in Versamark and this time use the Black Stampin’ Embossing Powder. Heat Set.
- Watercolour the floral image, I used Lovely Lipstick and Bermuda Bay.
- Once flowers are dry fussy cut around them.
- Take the Vellum and stamp your sentiment in Versamark and use the Lovely Lipstick Embossing Powder. Heat Set.
- To assemble:
- Adhere the leave self created DSP to the card front
- Adhere the Vellum to the DSP by sponging on some Liquid Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere the flowers (I only added glue to the flowers and let the edges lift to give some texture).
I’m also going through a bit of a Heat Embossing phase! I really love that the 2018-2020 In Colors are available as embossing powders. One of my favourite things to do with heat embossed images is to watercolour them! Have you tried this?
Wish me luck in the Global Design Project Color Challenge!
UPDATE: I’m so honoured to have been selected as a Special Mention for this card in the Global Design Project Challenge!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
February 2021 Host Code: UPB9CB6D
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Resin Hearts, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!