In the last two weeks I have been creating and being creative much more than in the last three months. From this I have noticed that I’m in a much better mood and better able to cope with the challenges for parent hood. It was the other night that I finally decided to sit down with the Sale-A-Bration Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper and my Stampin’ Blends to colour it in. And it was sooooooo much fun. The paper has a gloss finish to it and so the markers blend well but also kind of leave a water colour look. Why didn’t I try this earlier?!?!?!?! It was the next day that I decided to checkout the Global Design Project 130 challenge which turned out to be a sketch challenge, and the inspiration challenge from the TGIF Challenges 151 came to mind too. I looked at the Springtime Foils paper and a design came to mind. So this week I’m entering both challenges! Here are the challenges:
I took the floral theme and the colour from the TGIF Challenge and applied it to the Global Design Project layout to create the following card:
To create this card I did the following:
- Colour in the floral images from the Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper with Stampin’ Blends Markers in Daffodil Delight Light and Dark and Pumpkin Pie Dark, leaves in Old Olive Light and Dark.
- Fussy cut two of the floral groups from the DSP and combined them together.
- Using the largest circle Stitched Shapes Die cut out a piece of Whisper White card stock.
- I cut a piece of So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie card stock and prepped the card base using Whisper White Thick card stock.
- On the Pumpkin Pie card stock I used Versamark ink to stamp the linear stamp from he Playful Backgrounds Stamp Set. Its been a while since I used this stamp set and it was fun! I repeated the pattern on the card stock.
- Glued the So Saffron card stock to the card base.
- Added the Gold Mini Sequin Trim to the Pumpkin Pie card stock using Stampin’ Dimensionals to hold in place on the back. Adhered it to the card front.
- Adhered the floral images to the Stitched Circle shape and then used Dimensional to add it to the card.
- Using a strip of the So Saffron card stock I stamped with Versamark the celebrate sentiment from the Amazing You Stamp Set (don’t forget to use the Embossing Buddy first!). Then sprinkled the Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Set with the Heat Tool.
- Using the Triple Banner Punch cut a wedge out of the sentiment strip on the right hand side and glue to the card making the left hand side slip slightly under the Circle Stitched shape.
What other colour combinations can you think of for this card?
UPDATE: I’m so honoured to have been selected as a Special Mention for this card in the Global Design Project Challenge!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
February 2021 Host Code: UPB9CB6D
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Resin Hearts, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!