Hello Everyone! Welcome to my blog and another blog hop with the Global Creative INKspirations team!
I really love blog hopping with these talented ladies. This month our theme is Christmas. I have made a card that isn’t quite a traditional Christmas card, but I have found the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set from Stampin’ Up® so fun and open to creativity.
The sentiments are both from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set and they both made me think of tea time. Having a bit of a sweet tooth I love thinking of things that go well with tea (as I’m also a bit of a tea lover).
- Card Base: Very Vanilla Thick.
- Card Front: Very Vanilla (10 x 14.3cm) and then embossed with the Country Floral 3D Embossing Folder plus a strip of the Toile Tidings DSP (2 x 148cm).
- Stamp the tea pot, tea cup and the rose from the Tea Together stamp set in Memento Ink on Shimmery White card stock. I coloured the rose using Stampin’ Blends Read Read Combo and Cherry Cobbler Light (the Cherry Cobbler adds more depth and shadow). I used Shaded Spruce Combo Stampin’ Blends for the leaves. For the tea pot and tea cup I added shading by using the Ivory Stampin’ Blends and Color Lifter – first add the Color Lifter and then add the Ivory. Blend the edges of the Ivory with the Color Lifter. HINT: by adding the Color Lifter first you make the blending much easier.
- Add the sentiments to the tea pot and tea cup and then die cut the shapes out using the Tea Time Dies.
- Use Liquid Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the embossed card front. The glue gets into the cavities and adheres the card front well.
- To make the rose sit inside the tea cup, use a craft knife to slice along the front rim and slide the rose into it.
I love how the Shimmer Paper has some sparkle to it. It’s really a lovely cardstock to work on with the Stampin’ Blends and gives your projects that extra special edge.
I had coloured a spare rose, so I added it to the inside of the card. To complete the card, I stamped the tea cup onto the envelope.
Please hop over and visit my friend Danielle from the Netherlands. She has some more Christmas inspiration for you!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
June 2021 Host Code: X947KAUS
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Paper Lattice, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!