Welcome to my blog! Today I’m blog hopping with the 3rd Thursday team. This month’s theme of “School Days” came in perfect timing for me. For us in Australia our kids are close to finishing up Term 3 of the school year. I normally wouldn’t be thinking of teacher’s gifts yet. Unfortunately my son’s teacher has decided to retire earlier this term. As a class we organised a gift for him, I had parents send me video messages from their kids which I complied. It’s on a usb and I decorated a 3-1/8″ square Acetate Card Box to place the usb inside.
[All supplies used in this project are shown at the end of this post and are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for your support of my stamping adventure]
- Box: 3-1/8″ square Acetate Card Box
- Belly Band: Heartwarming Hugs DSP 8-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ scored at 2-1/2″, 3-3/8″, 6-1/2″ and 7-3/8″
- Stamp three apples and stalks and a leaf. Colour using your favourite colouring medium. I used Stampin’ Blends in Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade and Cherry Cobbler (light only). For the stalk I used Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends. Punch out using coordinating Apple Builder Punch. I have a short video below showing you how I coloured the apple in.
- TIP: If you punch out from a scrap piece of card stock and keep that in your stamp case you will have a template for stamp mounting. Simply line up the apple (or pumpkin), stalk and leaf into the holes with stamp facing down then press your clear block on top to mount. You now can stamp and then perfectly punch all the elements in one go!
- Assemble by wrapping the belly band around the acetate box using some Tear & Tape on the ends to close the loop. I placed this on the bottom of the box.
- Add two apples on top of the DSP then wrap a 9″ length of the Metallic Mesh Ribbon around. I made the seam be on the front and used Tear & Tape to secure.
- Add third apple with the sentiment on top covering the seam. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals for some depth.
- To fill the box I’ve added some Metallic Mesh Ribbon.
I took a quick video of how I coloured the apples in. I googled “apple” and found a picture as a refernce.
I love colouring with Stampin’ Blends markers but often forget that we can blend other colours together not just the light and darks for the same combo pack.
I really love how the Metallic Mesh Ribbon looks wrapped over the top of the behind apples.
Please now hop on over to Kimberley to see what School Days inspired project she has for us!
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase Stampin’ Up!® products from my online store.
October 2021 Host Code: SQAYF3YJ
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over get a handmade card from me, for order over $50 you’ll receive a FREE packet of Wonderful Snowflakes, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)