Hello everybody! Welcome to my blog!
I can’t believe another month has past and I’m blog hopping with the aWOW (Around the World on Wednesday) team again. Be prepared to be wowed as we all try something new to us. I had a lot of trouble deciding what new thing I should try. There’s so many possibilities out there. Eventually I was inspired by one of my favourite New Zealand card makers Paula Dobson to make the card base using dies! In Paula’s example she made a large circle card. I decided to make a mini card using the scalloped stitched rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick – two stitched scalloped rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, one scored 1cm from the top.
- Card Front: Balmy Blue (6.5 x 9.5 cm) and Pear Pizzazz die cut with the curved rectangular die from the Hippo & Friends Dies and then cut down to 6.5 x 3.2 cm to make it look like a hill.
- To create the card base, add some Tear & Tape Adhesive to the stitched scalloped rectangle above the score line. Take the release paper off and then place the second stitched scalloped rectangle on top pressing down where the Tear & Tape is. This creates a top opening card.
- For the sky background I first created a cloud template from Vellum using the cloud die from the Happy Dies. Then using this template I blended some Balmy Blue on to the Balmy Blue card front. Starting at the bottom and moving the cloud template up and changing it’s angle. Then I took the negative cloud template and placed in over the clouds created and blended Whisper White craft ink to make the tops of the clouds look whiter.
- I stamped the butterflies, flowers (Magenta Madness) and leaves (Just Jade) onto Whisper White and then die cut from the coordinating dies. TIP: For the butterflies I found it easier to first stamp the body/outline (I used Pumpkin Pie ink) the the wings (I used Mango Melody), then the face (Soft Suede).
- Stamp the sentiment on the Pear Pizzazz hill in Just Jade ink. Add some flutter dots for the butterflies on the sky in Balmy Blue ink.
- Adhere the sky to the card front using glue of your choice and then the hill using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the flowers and the butterflies.
Of course I also decorated the inside of the card. I also felt I needed an envelope and found that the small Memories & More Envelope worked perfectly:
It was so much fun to create a scalloped card for a change! I’ve also never blended clouds on coloured cardstock before, only on Whisper White so another new things for me! Next up is the lovely Rochelle. I can’t wait to see what her something new is!
Tatiana Tobin – AU <— You are here!
Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
Cazz Boylan – AU
Cheryll Miller – AU
Ximena Morales – DE
Aurélie Fabre – FR
Mikaela Titheridge – UK
Tina Zinck – CA
Annette Ball – CA
Angie McKenzie – US
Mary Deatherage – US
Chris Smith – US
Anne Marie Hile – US
Brenda Nelson – CA
Tricia Butts – US
Elaine de Montmorency – CA
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – US
Teri West – US
Cheryl Hamilton – US
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
April 2021 Host Code: CZUWHKVT
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Square Vellum Doilies, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!