One way you can jazz up a pre made card base is by adding some sparkles. Today’s card I changed the Laser-Cut Card to be a Sparkly Laser-Cut Card. This just makes this all the more special! Today I have paired the card with the Bloom & Grow stamp set. It works really well together with this set of Laser-Cut Cards. Here is the card:
All supplies used in this project are shown at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
You can really see the shimmer and shine in the photo above. Tips to create this project:
- Open the card up and use a Palette Knife to spread a thin layer of Shimmery White Embossing Paste on the front. If you place a piece of card stock underneath you will decorate another piece to use on another project (I’ll share that one on Friday afternoon). This is like using the Laser-Cut Card front as a mask.
- Wash your Palette Knife quickly as the Embossing Paste dries fast.
- Cute a piece of coloured cardstock (I used Purple Posy) 4 1/8″ by 5 3/8″. This makes it sightly smaller than the card front but still fills all of the laser cut area.
- To adhere the coloured cardstock I used a wedge Stamping Sponge and Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the BACK of the Laser-Cut card front. This make all the detail of the lace secure to the coloured cardstock.
- I lightly stamped leaves on the Purple Posy stitched circle die cut, but this is completely optional. As you can see in the picture below it’s very light.
Don’t forget to decorate the envelope.
I really wish you could see this card in person! It really is so shimmery and elegant (even if I say so myself!).
Thank you for visiting my blog! I love to share inspiration for your projects.
Happy Stamping Adventures,
Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can shop in my online store.
Click on the product images below to purchase them today!
July 2019 Host Code: 2JB9DAMH
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, a FREE gift, and are part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
In July you will get Linen Thread FREE from me as your gift!