Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog post today. I am participating in a blog hop with other Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators to raise awareness of Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) and to raise funds for HeartKids.
HeartKids is a charity that focuses on funding the research, information and care that provide constant support of children, families and adults from diagnosis all the way through their life journey with CHD.
Here is the card I created for this blog hop. Our theme is love:
All supplies used in this card are shown at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
There are all kinds of love out there and today my card celebrates love found in friendship. Friends are the family you choose and they are always special people in your life. The Beauty Abounds stamp set has this wonderful friendship sentiment. On the front of the card I stamped “Our Friendship isn’t one big thing” and on the inside “It’s a million little things”.
Its the million little things that HeartKids do for families of Heart Babies/Kids/Adults that inspires me to choose to support them.
❤️ Congenital heart disease is a leading cause of death of Australian babies.
❤️ Eight babies are born with a heart condition in Australia every day. Almost 3,000 every year.
❤️ HeartKids provide lifelong support for heart kids and their families.
Tips to create this card:
- Stamp some of the bubbles in the background twice, ie stamp and stamp again to get a lighter look.
- You can stamp the sentiment first then stamp the bubbles to get the right positioning.
- The Butterfly Beauty Thinlits can be cut up into individual or smaller groups of butterflies.
- For the stain glass look for the butterfly die cuts you will need to die cut the lower layer twice. I used two different colours – Costal Cabana (lighter) and Bermuda Bay (darker).
- There a few different ways you can insert the cut outs into the butterfly piece to create the stain glass look. The easiest I found was to stick down the die cut (my case the Costal Cabana one) onto card stock using some Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet. I didn’t die cut with the sheet but cut it out to make sure it was in the areas where the little parts need to be stuck down.
- Try to keep the second die cut (the one where all the little pieces are going to be used from) whole and then you can layer it over the first and push through the little pieces in place. See photos below
I added some shine and sparkle to the top die cut layer of the butterflies because I love sparkle. I did this by sponging on with a Sponge Dauber some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I really appreciate the time you have taken. Please consider making a donation to HeartKids. Any small amount including less than $5 will help HeartKids to support those in need. Click the image below to go to our Everyday Hero fundraising team page:
Please take some time to hop along to see some other amazing projects:
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
June 2021 Host Code: X947KAUS
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Paper Lattice, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!