Hello Everybody! Welcome to my blog!
I’ve been really enjoying making stripy backgrounds to use on cards. It’s a great way to use up scraps and create new unique projects. I shared a project on my blog yesterday from Wednesday’s Creativity Time. Today I’m going to share a different layout, but again I got two cards from the one stripy background.
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick
- Stripy Panel: Adhere strips of coloured card stock onto a piece of 14.8 x 10.5 cm piece of Whisper White.
- First put some Snail Adhesive on to the Whisper White card stock and then lay down the strips on an angle.
- I alternated mine with Sparkle Glimmer Paper. My strips are 1cm thick and the glimmer paper is 0.3 cm thick.
- Cut out the largest scalloped stitched die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies from this stripy background. You should be able to cut two out.
- Stamp in Versamark the Cake stamp and heat emboss with Shimmer Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I stamped on Whisper White. Stamp it a second time for only the flowers. Die cut both with coordinating dies.
- Lightly watercolour the image. No need to colour the flowers on the cake as we stamped them and die cut them out separately to layer on top.
- NOTE: It is best to use Shimmery White or Fluid 100 paper when water colouring but because I only did a very light wash I was able to get away with the standard Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Happy Birthday To You stamp set in Petal Pink on the bottom of the card front.
- Adhere the stripy panel to the centre top of the card front.
- Add the cake and flowers. The flowers have been added using Stampin’ Dimensionals for an extra texture.
How adorable is this card? And I love that I got to use stripes of cardstock that I just couldn’t bare to throw out. I really happy that I didn’t! I also couldn’t decide if I should use the Shimmer Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder or the Shimmer White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Since I got two panels from the single stripe background I did both:
Which one do you prefer?
For the inside of the card and the envelope I simply stamped the cake image in Petal Pink:
If you love this stamp set as much as I do you can get it FREE with a $90 order only during Sale-A-Bration. There’s not much time left. Best part is that the Birthday Dies get you half way to getting the stamp set, throw in the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and you can create this project yourself over and over. Sale-A-Bration ends 31st March 2020.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
May 2021 Host Code: EWTJMXJ3
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Genial Gems, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!