Welcome to my blog! Today I’m sharing a card which I made for a friend recently. She’s had her dream home built and I got to live through it a bit vicariously. I remember when she purchased hydrangeas to plant in the front yard and I thought to myself I know what stamp set I should use for the card. LOL. She’s now all moved in and the hydrangeas are planted so I can share this card:
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick
- Card Front: Highland Heather (9.5 x 13.8 cm) and Whisper White (9.2 x 13.5 cm)
- Sentiment Strip: Seaside Spray (9.2 x 4 cm)
- I highly recommend using the Stamparatus to stamp the hydrangeas from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set.
- First stamp them in Seaside Spray and then add some Highland Heather ink using a Sponge Dauber to the stamp in the areas where there is more shading and stamp again. This creates the multiple colours look to the flowers.
- Stamp the leaves using a clear block in Pear Pizzaz ink.
- For the sentiment I again used my Stamparatus. Line up where you would like the sentiment to sit. I first inked it in Seaside Spray (double stamping to make it darker). I then stamped for a third time over the top using Versamark Ink and heat embossed using Stamping Clear Embossing Powder. I wanted the sentiment to be shiny by still dark.
- To finish off the card I added Clear Wink of Stella on top of all of the stamping.
- The sentiment strip was adhered to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
As I say the card isn’t complete with out stamping on the inside and on the envelope. On the inside I added the same flowers and some Clear Wink of Stella. For the envelope I don’t normally go so bold but I figured that since I was hand delivering this card I could. I used the Stamparatus and the same method to stamp the flowers on almost a third of the envelope front!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
May 2021 Host Code: EWTJMXJ3
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Genial Gems, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!