Hello Everybody! Welcome to my blog!
Today I’m blog hopping with demonstrators from all around the world who are participants in Kylie’s Demonstrator Training Program. Together we are learning how to be better demonstrators and how to help our customers. Today I’m sharing an inlay card which I hope will make you smile.
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick
- Card Front: 10cm x 14.5cm in Shimmery White and Whisper White
- Card Insert: Pumpkin Pie (10cm x 14.8cm) and Whisper White (9.7cm x 14.2cm)
- Create the background: Using the Shimmery White card stock and a sponge brayer colour it in Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie. I started with the lighter colour and added colours here and then blended them in. It is easier to do this on an A4 piece of card stock and then cut it down to size (and you can make multiples of this card). Once happy with the blend add some water using a Stampin’ Spritzer to your fingers and splash the paper. Blot the water with a paper towel. The quicker you blog the less obvious the splats will the be. The longer you take to blot the lighter the splats will be.
- From the Whisper White card from die cut the butterflies and have them coming off the edge for some visual interest. Do not through away the pieces of card stock. You need them. You don’t need the pieces from inside the butterflies just the butterfly outlines.
- Adhere the two card fronts together using Multipurpose glue, lining up the corners. Then inlay the buttery fly die into it. You will see your butterflies as orange.
- Adhere to the front.
- Sentiment: I wanted to do something different. Die cut the word thanks from the Well Written Dies from Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie card stocks. This is a great change to use up scraps. Stack them together starting with the darkest colour and finishing with the Whisper White on top. TIP: add tiny dots of glue to the back and then let is dry a bit. This makes adhering together very easy.
- Adhere to card front. Adhere card front to card base.
- Inside the card I wanted to add a touch of orange – I mounted a piece of Whisper White on a piece of Pumpkin Pie.
So easy to make multiples of this card!
I really love the ombre look of the sentiment. It makes the card more special.
To finish off the project I ran the envelope flap though my die cutting machine on the Silicone Craft Sheet to make the die emboss the envelope.
Join me in hopping around the world (particularly since we cannot travel at the moment) and be inspired to creative:
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
June 2021 Host Code: X947KAUS
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Paper Lattice, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!