I cannot believe that this is the last card for the 2018-2020 In Colors Club! How quickly the last 5 months have flown by! Everyone who subscribed to the In Colors Club received a Stampin’ Pad, a Stampin’ Write Marker, 4 sheets of A4 cardstock, 4 each of two designs 6″x6″ DSP, 5 Mini Binder Clips, 3m Grosgrain Ribbon, a FREE Sponge Dauber and a hand made card in the In Color of the month. Each month they collected a different colour. This is the card I made for December. This month for my blog post I’m focusing on Blueberry Bushel. Previously I showed you Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch and Call Me Clover.
All supplies used in this card are shown at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
I thought it would be fun this month to use products from the upcoming Occasions Catalogue. As a demonstrator I can order from this catalogue NOW. Though I must say I got the new products in this card last month at OnStage and in my PPP (Product Purchase Premier).
The stamp set is called Beauty Abounds and it is my first with the NEW cling mount! Starting from the 2019 Occasions catalogue all red rubber stamps will only be offered in Cling. No more Clear or Wood mounts. Cling is very similar to clear but you will want to put the sticker on the backs of your stamps because the sticker has a sticky layer which allows it to “cling” to the clear blocks. It is FANTASTIC. You are going to love them!
To create this card:
Card base: Blueberry Bushel
Card front: Shimmery White 100mm x 143.5mm plus one more for the inside.
Other: half an A4 sheet of Blueberry Bushel.
- Watercolour a background on one of the Shimmery White cardstock pieces. This should be free flowing. I tried to get two tones of Blueberry Bushel.
- Die cut both sets of large butterflies in Blueberry Bushel from the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies. These butterflies layer together.
- Take the butterflies that are the top layer from step 2 and using a Sponge Dauber cover it with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. The reasons I chose to do this with a Sponge Dauber instead of misting it was that you can get a thicker layer of the shimmer paint.
- On a the left over strip of Shimmery White cardstock (100mm x 10mm) stamp the thanks sentiment from the Beauty Abounds stamp set. This strip will be left over from cutting the two pieces of Shimmer White cardstock.
- On the other Shimmery White cardstock stamp a butterfly image in the bottom corner to decorate it.
- To assemble:
- Adhere the watercolored Shimmery White cardstock to the card front using adhesive of your choice.
- Adhere the bottom butterflies die cut out. I recommend using the Liquid Multipurpose Glue and Sponge trick for this.
- Adhere the top batterflies die cut out.
- Attach sentiment on top.
- Add the second Shimmery White cardstock to the inside.
I had so much fun creating this card and all the cards for my In Colour Club subscribers. I look forward to the next set of In Colours in June 2019 to do it all over again! I know, I’m really getting ahead of myself, but it was so much fun to create a new monotoned card each month.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
June 2021 Host Code: X947KAUS
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Paper Lattice, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!