Welcome to my blog. Today I’m sharing the card I created for my latest Artisan Design Team Tips & Tricks. These tip was shared on Stampin’ Up!® Instagram account and I share how to use the Basic Border Dies (specifically the cloud one) to create a sunset cloud background.
[All supplies used in this project are shown at the end of this post and are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for your support of my stamping adventure]
- Card Base: Misty Moonlight
- Card Front: Misty Moonlight (9.5 x 13.8 cm) and Basic White (9.2 x 13.5 cm)
- Sentiment Label: Misty Moonlight
- Start by creating a re-usable template. Take a piece of Window Sheet 6″ x 5 7/8″ and place the cloud die from Basic Borders Dies along the top edge and die cut out.
- Starting at the bottom of your Basic White card front, place the cloud template and blend with a Blending Brush some Daffodil Delight right near the edge of the template. Then blend some Pumpkin Pie on top trying to leave some yellow showing through.
- Move the template up and change the angle and blend Pumpkin Pie and Poppy Parade.
- Continue moving the template up, you can even flip it. Next blend Poppy Parade and Gorgeous Grape, followed by Gorgeous Grape with Misty Moonlight to the top edge of the cardstock. TIP: Use a slightly larger piece of cardstock than you need.
- Blend some Daffodil Delight on the bottom edge.
- Mount this on the Misty Moonlight card front and then adhere to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To decorate this card I cut out some whole Vellum butterflies and layered on top detailed butterflies die cut from the Gold Metallic Specialty Paper. Add a sentiment white heat embossed on Misty Moonlight card stock.
- Finish by adding some Clear Expoxy Essential water droplets
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase Stampin’ Up!® products from my online store.
October 2021 Host Code: SQAYF3YJ
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over get a handmade card from me, for order over $50 you’ll receive a FREE packet of Wonderful Snowflakes, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)