The 2018 Holiday Catalogue has been out for almost a week now and I am just loving it! Today I would like to show you the cards I made to send out with the Holiday Catalogue to all my customers. This is another version of the surfing santa card that I blogged about a few weeks ago. This one is a little more simpler but still going with the beach theme:
All supplies used in this card are shown at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
To create this card:
- Prepare card base in Whisper White Thick card stock. To make the card square take an A4 sheet of card stock cut in half to be 105mm wide then cut this strip to be 210mm long. Score half way at 105mm
- For the card front:
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock 100mm x 35mm.
- Whisper White cardstock 100mm x 148.5mm (this will create two waves).
- Take your Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Sponge Brayer with Bermuda Bay ink and cover the inside of the top half of the embossing folder in ink. (TIP: the side with the Stampin’ Up!® logo. Do this a few times to get a good coating of ink on the embossing folder). Run the Whisper White cardstock through the embossing folder. The result is that you have the background coloured and the embossed areas still white.
- Using Paper Snips cut in half this embossed card front following the line of one of the waves. Save the other half for another card.
- Stamp the “Ho! Ho! Ho! Who needs snow?” sentiment in Memento Black into on the Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- Stamp the Surfboard Santa image on Whisper White thick cardstock in Memento Black and colour with Stampin’ Blends (or your choice of colouring medium).
- Fussy cut the Santa out.
- To assemble:
- Adhere the Daffodil Delight to the bottom of the card leaving a 2.5mm border around three of the edges.
- Adhere the embossed waves to the top of the card leaving a 2.5mm border around three of the edges. This should overlap over the Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- Attach the Santa image using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I really love the texture created with the Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with the ink on it. By using the Sponge Brayer to apply the ink its a lighter coat of ink. You can as an alternative press the ink pad directly onto the embossing folder. This will give a heavier inky look to the card.
Would you like a catalogue? I would love to send you one along with one of these cards. Just request a copy by clicking the catalogue image below.
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
May 2021 Host Code: EWTJMXJ3
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Genial Gems, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!