Welcome to my blog! Today I’m blog hopping with the lovely Global Creative INKspiration team. Together we hope to INKspire (inspire) you to be creative. This month’s them flows quite nicely on from this concept – it is World Dream Day. Today, 25th September 2020, is World Dream Day. It’s a day to celebrate your dreams, desires, goals because great things always start with a dream. Click here to learn more about World Dream Day.
I feel that dreams are what really makes day to day life different. Some of the most inspiring dreamers to me are the creative minds at Pixar. I’m a HUGE fan and today’s card was inspired by the 2009 movie “UP“:
[All supplies used in this project are shown at the end of this post and are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. You can purchase them and create this project too! Thank you for your support of my stamping adventure]
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick
- Card Front: Balmy Blue (9.5 x 13.8 cm) and Whisper White (9.2 x 13.5 cm)
- Sky background: Create a cloud template using Vellum and die cut some clouds from the Happy Dies. Place the template down at the bottom of the Whisper White card front and then blend Balmy Blue off it to create the clouds. You can use a Stamping Sponge wedge or a make up blending brush like I did. TIP: start on the horizon line and work your way up the sky.
- Balloons: add some Adhesive Sheets to Vellum. Using Sponge Daubers colour the vellum in different colours. I used Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, Gorgeous Grape, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green. Then die cut using the smallest balloon die from Happy Dies.
- By adding the Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Vellum it makes it super easy to adhere the balloons to the card without any adhesive showing through.
- Using Vellum for the balloons creates the translucent look to them.
- House: Create the top of the house by cutting cardstock down to size and shape. Use a co-ordinating Stampin’ Write Marker to draw on details.
I really enjoyed the creating process for this card. I even watched the movie UP while creating it. Please now hop along to Danielle’s blog to see what dreams she may have.
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase Stampin’ Up!® products from my online store.
Current Host Code: W2AQKFPE
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over get a handmade card from me. Orders over $50 will receive a FREE gift, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program! Orders over $90 will also get a FREE tutorial bundle the following month!!). Click here to shop now using the current Host Code.
You can purchase the of the supplies I used in this project. Please click on the image below to purchase. Thank you for your support.