Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog!
You are currently visiting Tatiana in Australia and I’m thrilled to have you here. Today I’m blog hopping with a group of Independent Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators from all around the globe. We are all taking part in Kylie’s Demonstrator Training Program where we have learnt so much from the guest speakers as well as each other. But it’s not all work and no play around here, the blog hop gives us an opportunity to share our creative skills. Today I’m sharing with you a butterfly card:
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
I had a lot of fun creating this card and it blends some older products (the Butterfly Beauty Dies) with new products such as the Rainbow Glimmer Paper.
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick
- Card Front: Balmy Blue (8.8 x 13.1 cm) and Whisper White (8.5 x 12.8 cm)
- To create the butterfly I first took a 10.5 x 14.8 cm piece of the Rainbow Glimmer Paper.
- From this glimmer paper I die cut the bottom layer of the butterflies using the die from the Butterfly Beauty Die set. I kept all the pieces that came out for another project (will share in the future) as well as the negative space. I didn’t want to waste the stunning glimmer paper.
- Die cut the top layer for butterflies from Basic Black cardstock.
- Adhere using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Note: I could have used the Adhesive Sheets of the back of the Basic Black before die cutting but I wasn’t sure how well it would adhere to the glimmer paper and decided that the Multipurpose Liquid Glue would be better in this case.
- To create the cloud sky background:
- Die cut from vellum the clouds using the Happy Dies cloud die. This is a great die because you can make the hight of the cardstock anything that works for you. In this case I was going to use it as a template so I made is as big as I could. TIP: Vellum works really well as a template for sponging as it as a nice smooth surface to work from.
- I used a make up blending brush for this next part but you can use a wedge of Stamping Sponge dipped in Balmy Blue ink pad. First blend some ink on the bottom edge of the Whisper White card front. Then place the cloud template just covering the bottom of the page and blend more Balmy Blue up. TIP: start of the vellum and work in circular motion working your way over the edge of the template. Do not go too far past the edge of the template.
- Move the template up and over to create the next “row” of clouds and repeat the blending process.
- Repeat moving the template up till you’ve covered the whole card front in clouds.
- TIP: If you want less clouds make large gaps between each “row” of clouds. If you want more clouds do the opposite.
- TIP: Move the cloud template around and even flip it to create the clouds so that they don’t all line up.
- Mount the clouds onto the Balmy Blue cardstock and then onto the card front. Add the butterflies on top using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To complete the card I adde the clear gems from the Flowers For Every Season Gems. I adhered them using glue dots from a kit but you can use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue as it dies clear. The Mini Glue dots are too big for these gems.
To complete the project I did some more blending (I love blending) on the envelope flap and the inside of the card:
Don’t forget that this is a blog hop. Please “hop” on over and see what other inspiration you can find from my fellow demonstrators:
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
June 2021 Host Code: X947KAUS
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Paper Lattice, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!