Welcome to my blog! Tonight I’m blog hopping with the Around The World On Wednesday team. We all go live on Wednesday – which is quite remarkable considering all the different time zones we are in. For me it is evening and for some others it is early in the morning. But for all of us it is Wednesday and we all have the same theme – Something New, Something Old. I wanted to add something blue and make a wedding card but my head really wasn’t in it because I’m all about Christmas at the moment. The theme was open to interpretation and I’ve decided to combine holiday products from last year (old) with holiday products from this year (new) to create this Christmas Snow Globe card:
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
- Card Base: Seaside Spray
- Card Front: Whisper White (10 cm 14.3 cm)
- Die cut the snow globe top from the Whisper White Card front and also from the Feels Like Frost DSP – choosing carefully what scene as this will go inside the globe.
- Emboss the card front with the Winter Snow Embossing Folder.
- Die cut the snow globe whole base from one of the Brushed Metallic card stocks and also from the Foam Adhesive Sheet. Then take the decorative snow globe base and die cut it from the same colour of Brushed Metallic card stock but with Adhesive Sheet on the back.
- Layer the three pieces – start with the Foam Adhesive piece, then the whole snow globe base, then the decorative snow globe base.
- Front Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper die cut the trees.
- From Whisper White die cut the two chapel pieces and then adhere some scraps of Brushed Metallic card stock from behind to make the windows glow.
- Place the card front onto the card base (without any adhesive) and into the hole adhere the Feels Like Frost die cut piece onto the card base. This creates the background of the snow globe.
- Now to build the scene inside the snow globe – add the trees and chapel.
- Add some Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes around. These will then stay in place when the shaker card is shaken and gives loose sequins things to catch onto.
- Pile into the middle of the scene some Snowflake Sequins. Be careful not to have them going over the DSP edge.
- Peel the release paper off the top of the Snow Globe Shaker Dome (not the back) and place into the hole of the snowflake embossed card. Add some adhesive to the back of the card front and then peel the back release paper of the back of the Snow Globe Shaker Dome. Alight up the shaker dome with the scene and adhere the card front to the base.
- Finish off the card by adding the prepared snow globe base underneath the dome.
I made four of these cards all with variations and different sheets of DSP from the Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP:
I can’t pick a favourite between the four. Do you have a favourite?
Next on the blog hop is Rochelle who always creates something stunning.
Blog Hop List:
Angela Meiritz-Reid – NZ
Tatiana Tobin – AU <— You are here!
Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
Cheryll Miller – AU
Satomi Wellard – JP
Melissa Gifford – AU
Danielle Kassing – NL
Aurélie Fabre – FR
Mikaela Titheridge – UK
Annette Ball – CA
Angie McKenzie – US
Mary Deatherage – US
Shel Anderson – CA
Chris Smith – US
Anne Marie Hile – US
Brenda Nelson – CA
Tricia Butts – US
Elaine de Montmorency – CA
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – US
Teri West – US
Cheryl Hamilton – US
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
April 2021 Host Code: CZUWHKVT
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Square Vellum Doilies, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!