Hello everybody and welcome to my blog!
Today I’m blogging as part of the Around The World On Wednesday hop. My name is Tatiana and I’m in Australia. You may have hopped over from Angela in New Zealand! Welcome from across the waters. I’m really excited that Artisan Design Team member Emma Goddard is blog hopping with us this month! The theme this month is All Things Crafty – favourite colouring tool. For me hands down this is the Stampin’ Blends. They are crafty life changing! My layout was inspired by a card in the new upcoming 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue.
[All supplies used in this project are linked to at the end of this post in the thumbnails. These are linked to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Thank you for supporting me. ]
- Card Base: Balmy Blue top folding landscape
- Stamp the filler rose image on to the card base using Whisper White Craft ink.
- Die cut the largest stitched scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly dies from Whisper White card stock and then trim off one edge. Adhere this to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp two flowers and three leaves using Memento ink onto Shimmery White card stock (this is my favourite card stock to use with Stampin’ Blends).
- Colour the flower and leaves using Stampin’ Blends.
- For something different I layered the colours with out blending them.
- For the rose I first coloured it all in Mango Melody Light Stampin’ Blend, then added Pumpkin Pie Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends before finishing off with Rococo Rose Dark Stampin’ Blend. Each colour I layered and coloured less of the image of allowing the previous colour to still be seen.
- The leaves where done in the same way, starting with Granny Apple Green Light Stampin’ Blend, followed by the Dark and finishing off with Pretty Peacock Dark Stampin’ Blend.
- Die cut out the flowers and leaves.
- Cut one of the flowers in half and then add one half to the front of the card with the full flower and the leaves. The other half add to the inside of the card.
- For finishing touches add some sequins. TIP: add dots of Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive and let it set a bit before using your Take Your Pick tool to add the sequin. It’s super easy this way!
I am super happy with how the rose has turned out. I’ve never used the Stampin’ Blends this way and I have to say I’m so excited to be trying it again!
As I’ve mentioned the layout for this card was inspired by one from the new upcoming catalogue. In that sample (on page 13 for when you get your copy) they have a large sunflower, but I really love how the roses look. The sample also uses DSP on the card front. I’m super duper (wow I haven’t said that in a while) how the Craft Whisper White ink stamped on the card looks instead!
To finish off the project I stamped the same rose filler image onto the envelope flap but in Balmy Blue. The idea is to tie the card and the envelope together in theme and colour. The To A Wild Rose stamp set is so fantastic because if you don’t feel like colouring in the rose or the leaves you can two step stamp in the images and you have a stunning rose. I also love that you can colour in the stamped outline image too! This stamp set is carrying over to the new catalogue but it will no longer be available as a bundle with it’s coordinating dies (a bundle allows you to save 10% off). I’d highly recommend getting it while you can at a discount!
Don’t forget to check out all of the blog posts to see their crafty must have colouring tools:
Angela Meiritz-Reid – NZ
Tatiana Tobin – AU <—– You are here!
Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
Cazz Boylan – AU
Cheryll Miller – AU
Satomi Wellard – JA
Melissa Gifford – AU
Danielle Kassing – NL
Manuela Geiswinkler – AT
Ximena Morales – DE
Aurélie Fabre – FR
Emma Goddard, Special Guest – UK
Mikaela Titheridge – UK
Tina Zinck – CA
Annette Ball – CA
Angie McKenzie – US
Mary Deatherage – US
Shel Anderson – CA
Chris Smith – US
Brenda Nelson – CA
Tricia Butts – US
Elaine de Montmorency – CA
Sharon Burkert – US
Teri West – US
Cheryl Hamilton – US
Thank you for visiting my blog! I really enjoy sharing with you my creations and I hope that you are inspired to spend some time being creative.
Bye for now!
- Join Stampin’ Up!® to start getting your products at 20% discount: CLICK HERE
- Request a Catalogue to see what products you can purchase: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news: CLICK HERE
- Follow me on Facebook for regular updates and inspiration: CLICK HERE
- Go SHOPPING for clearance items and specials: CLICK HERE
If you live in Australia you can purchase the products that were used by clicking the links below.
May 2021 Host Code: EWTJMXJ3
(Use the hostess code when ordering less than $250. All orders over $50 before shipping get a handmade card from me, FREE packet of Genial Gems, and collect stickers part of my Customer Loyalty Program!)
Learn more about the products I used. I have them listed below. Click on the product image to learn more and to purchase from my Online Store. Thank you for your support, I would love to be your demonstrator!